Friday, February 22

MIA (not the singer)

So by my count, it's been 5 months and 11 days since I last posted. That's a long time. I believe I have some catching up to do.

September was the beginning of my adult apartment life. It's been pretty fun. Jamie and I get along pretty well. We have our tiffs, usually because I've done something stupid. I finally got a couch (and a chair!!!) and with my tax return this month I'll have actually paid it off. I went back to Illinois for Christmas and did not see everyone that I wanted to. I realized I'll probably always be a midwesterner for life. I was basically unemployed for about two months but now have a job at Banner Baywood as a monitor technician. What's a monitor technician do, I can hear you asking. I sit in front three screens with twelve banks each of cardiac telemetry monitors. I'm supposed to watch to make sure that patients hearts do what they're supposed to do and call the nurses when they don't. That's in theory. In practice it's calling four or five different people constantly in an attempt to get the lead patches put back on. I work three twelve hour shifts a week, which leaves me with four open days of nothing. I do believe I'm going to try to pick up some shifts at Old Chicago so I can make some more money because I can't just sit around all the time. I'll get fat.

That's basically my life these days. I've been reading a lot in my spare time, trying to religiously practice/play guitar, watching movies, and trying to work out. I miss my friends. I miss doing stuff but hopefully once I get a set schedule and make some money I can do fun stuff again. I'm looking into nursing schools out here because I've decided I'd like to be a nurse or at least try it. I'm going to try to get back into blogging so that people know what I'm doing these days in the desert. At the same time, let me know how you're doing!!

1 comment:

idrumgood said...

good to know you're not dead. I'll try and not make any male nurse jokes.